The Hoofers windsurfing fleet is made up of a large variety of sails and boards. Sails range in size from 3.0 to 7.5 (measured in square meters); our most popular sizes run anywhere from a 4.0 to a 6.5. Boards range in volume and size from wide, stable boards that make learning a breeze, to small, "sinker" boards that allow you to get out in the windiest conditions.
Advantages of Windsurfing at Hoofer Sailing Club
- Our large variety of equipment allows you to:
- choose an appropriately sized sail for current conditions
- test what's out there and gain familiarity with different types of equipment, which helps if you ever buy your own equipment or rent while on vacation
- learn how to use harnesses and footstraps
- have both long and short boards at your disposal
- Ease of use:
- Our sails are pre-rigged! Simply choose your sail, grab a boom and board, and you're set to hit the water!
- Our convenient rigging deck is just steps from our storage building and has ample space for rigging, launching, and landing.
- As a Hoofer Sailing Club member, our favorite rescue team, Harvey, always keeps an eye out for you on the water.
- A friendly group of fellow windsurfers is always available to share tips and help you improve.
- Unlimited lessons and use of club equipment are included with your very affordable membership!
If you have any questions or comments regarding the windsurfing fleet: Contact the windsurfing fleet captain.