Make sure you check out all of the great events the Hoofer Sailing Club has to offer throughout the year:
- Friday Night Socials: Friday socials are the place to be in Madison every Friday night! Meet friends down by the lakefront during the summer, or keep an ear out for our various Winter Socials throughout our down season!
- Pirate's Day: A day-long celebration in June that celebrates the pirates before us! Dress up in pirate garb, search for hidden treasure, and try not to put another sunken ship on the bottom of Lake Mendota!
- Commodore's Cup: A week-long celebration at the end of July to celebrate a year of service from our wonderful Commodore, and to encourage racing amongst our members. For this event, sailors are divided into teams and compete in various racing events as well as other traditional activities throughout the week to win the coveted Commodore's Cup trophy.
- Instructor Auction: An annual Summer Kickoff event including a live and silent auction, hors d'oeuvres, and drinks, open to all members and non-members. Bid on fantastic prizes like private lessons, sunset cruises and sailing gear while meeting new friends and reconnecting with old friends.
- Pumpkin Regatta: Each October, the Hoofer Sailing Club teams up with the UW Horticulture Society to create this truly unique event. How could you pass up the opportunity to say you paddled a pumpkin in Lake Mendota?!
- Buccaneers' Ball: Every year around the time of Halloween, Hoofers holds a costume ball for its members. Come dressed in your most creative Halloween costume, dance, compete in Halloween-themed games, and enjoy the spooky atmosphere.
- Snow Ball: The Snow Ball is an annual event held in February to lift sailors' spirits in the worst part of the non-sailing season. Dress to impress and dance the night away!